St. Joseph’s Catholic Church
N 34°21’41.15″ W 80° 04’26.93″
305 W. Washington St. (DT)
St. Joseph’s began as a missionary parish to serve Hartsville’s African American community. Established in 1945, the parish operated a school and convent in addition to a church. By 1953 the school, which served African American students, including K-7 and had 90 enrolled. In 1967 the school and convent closed. In 1980 the church merged with St. Mary the Virgin Mother.
Don’t miss the chance to participate in some really fun and educational events.