Hartsville Colored Cemetery
N 34°21’51.79″ W 80°04’45.82″
500 Marion Ave. (DT)
The cemetery was founded by two mutual aid associations representing Hartsville’s African American Community. The first acre was acquired in 1904 by the Hartsville Colored Cem. Association. A second acre was acquired by the Mutual Cem. Association. The burials chronical former slaves and local residents including professionals and veterans who served from the Spanish American Wat to the Vietnam War.
Don’t miss the chance to participate in some really fun and educational events.