Edmund H. Deas
N 34° 17′ 43.65″ W 79° 51′ 45.28″
209 E Ave. (off #52)
This marker is located at 229 Avenue E in Darlington, was named after Edmund H. Deas. Deas moved to Darlington in 1870. Known as the “Duke of Darlington,” Deas was a very active Republican who served as the county chair of the South Carolina Republican Party in 1884 and 1888. He was delegated to the Republican National Conventions in 1888, 1896, 1900, and 1908. He lived in the home until his death in 1915.
Don’t miss the chance to participate in some really fun and educational events.