Pictured above are our two Mayo Interns doing conservation work on a document that is 123 years old. They are repairing the original constitution and bylaws for the Hartsville Electric & Water Company founded on April 18, 1899, with a capital stock of $2,000. The 1910 Sanborn Insurance map shows where they were located on the Oil Mill Property off Laurens Avenue, Hartsville. The last picture is of the ORIGINAL Charter for the Hartsville Electric & Water Company founded by James Lide Coker & J. J. Lawton.
Don’t miss the chance to participate in some really fun and educational events.